I quote Pastor and Theologian, John Piper, in his youtube video about families. His video is titled, "God Promises Better Blessings for Singles." Interesting title, but the quote relates to what I'm talking about. The quote he said, that I hold fast to and believe, "The Kingdom of Heaven, grows not through propagation through sexual intercourse, but by regeneration through faith in Christ..." This quote is mentioned at about 0:50 in the video time.
With that said, I still have more to say about being a Childfree Christian.
Most people, it seems to me, do not dwell on existential philosophies, they just mate and reproduce like rabbits. Are there any parents who have thoroughly weighed their decision to become parents? Or did they just come into their position as parents through a sense of obligation to God, parents, friends, or society? Or worse, did they merely become parents due to a brief moment of unexpected passion? I'm betting that many parents are the latter two, unfortunately.
No comments:
Post a Comment